As my 'About Me' states I am Jewish. I'm also gay. This past year I have tried to synthesize my two identities. To accomplish this I have helped bring more queer Jewish programming to my campus. I've started a group called Naches, which in Yiddish means Pride, and events that we have had include LGBT Shabbats and a gay Tel Aviv beach party. For this upcoming school year, I have ambitions to incorporate the group more into the Jewish community here with social and educational events, like late-night challah baking, bring in gay Jewish speakers among many more.
Naturally I like to stay abreast of Jewish news. So intermittently I browse Jewcy.com, a hip 21st century website for the 20 something Jew. Someone posted an article called "Queer Liturgy" about a new LGBT Siddur (siddur is a Jewish prayer book). I am excited to get a taste of this siddur. Here is the article.
Do you know of any other religions that have "Queer Liturgies"?
Monday, July 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment