Saturday, August 1, 2009

Attack in Tel Aviv

2 dead and 15 wounded in attack on Tel Aviv gay center. I am in complete shock about this. This horrific news has taken my breath away and I can't begin to express the deep sadness that I am feeling. I hope that the US and the world take note of this and that Israel works harder to counter homophobia. As a Jew, I know that we (and I mean all of us from secular to ultra-religious) are better than this inhumanity. This criminal attack just seems so out of place given that it was in Israel, let alone Tel Aviv: the heart of gay life in the Middle East. As a gay, I can't really begin to express how deeply distressed, sad and hurt I am; these teenagers were murdered in cold blood and I can barely think properly. But I seriously hope, demand, that Israel severely condemns this hate crime and its perpetrator.

No comments:

Post a Comment